From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Steve Bogdanski
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 10:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Temperature monitoring?

I know that Phys. Plant offers a service like this, we are actually
getting one installed in our server room.  Before this we just had the
Dell OpenManage suite fire off a warning when the server's internal temp
hit a certain threshold.

Stephen Bogdanski           Network Support, MSU-CVM
Michigan State University  [log in to unmask]
A227 VetMed Center         Phone:          (517) 353-5551
East Lansing, MI 48824     Fax:              (517) 432-2937

>>> Matthew Farra <[log in to unmask]> 09/26/05 09:51AM >>>
Does anyone use a temperature sensor of some kind to monitor their
server
room? We have a server room with a dedicated cooling unit, but no way to
monitor the temperature remotely.

I'd like to find some kind of device that could monitor temperature and
log
the readings, as well as contact me via phone or email if the
temperature
exceeds a certain level.

Is anyone using something like this now? Can you recommend anything?

Thanks,

Matt Farra

--
--------/