As you know, ACNS upgraded the Kerberos authentication system to Kerberos 5 on May 11, 2005. In the 4/22/05 NAG meeting we indicated that we would start informing customers of the need to change their password starting the second week of June.  E-mail notifications were sent out on June 14th and July 12, 2005.

Today we will email the third notice to anyone who hasn't changed their password after the upgrade on May 11, 2005. During the second week of September we will send additional e-mails to individuals who still haven't changed their password.

The FAQ (which is linked from the computing article mentioned in the message) is available at:

http://techbase.msu.edu/viewpathfinder.asp?id=3973 .

All communications are logged at http://help.msu.edu/communications as indicated in the e-mail.