Our SUS server is still receiving updates and Microsoft has announced that SUS will continue to operate until June, 2006. (See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/evaluation/faqs.mspx)

The KB891861 update is shown on our server.

At 12:01 PM 7/29/2005, Troy Murray wrote:
>Tim,
>
>I read that Microsoft quietly "turned off" the SUS ability to download
>the updates after the WSUS was released.  Our SUS server also didn't
>receive any updates after sometime in June when WSUS was released.  I
>ended up putting WSUS on a completely different server so I didn't
>upgrade, sorry, can't comment on that.  WSUS is much nicer then the
>SUS though.
>
>-t
>

>On 7/29/05, Tim Potter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> If anyone else has already upgraded to the new Windows Server Update
>> Services from SUS could you please comment on the experience and how things
>> are going for your network since?
>>
>> Also, has anyone else noticed that the current SUS isn't apparently pushing
>> some pretty important updates?  Just manually ran Windows Updater on some
>> Windows 2000 machines and it pushed the following:
>>
>> Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.0254.0  which installed and then pushed ...
>>
>> Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (KB891861) (Date last
>> published: 7/18/2005, Download size: 31.2 MB)
>>
>> Thanks for any input,
>> Tim
>>

>> **********************
>> Tim Potter  <><
>> Information Officer & Photographer
>> MSU Alumni Association
>> 108 Union Bldg.
>> E. Lansing, MI  48824
>> Toll-free: 877/ MSU-ALUM (678-2586)
>> Ph: 517/432-1160
>> Fax: 517/432-7769
>> Stay Connected! www.msualum.com
>>

>--
>Troy D Murray
>Blog: http://troymen.blogspot.com/

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017