From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of STeve Andre'
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] installing Symantec 10 on a brand new XP install

   I just finished installing XP on a ThinkPad, installed sp2 and then
the next 25 patches.  I then started installing Symantec 10.  We have a
server for it, so I chose a managed install, but the installer cannot
see the server when I hit browse.  I don't have the IP address for the
machine so I still need to try that, but I'm truly puzzled why the
installer can't find the symantec server.  I've never had this problem
with win2k.  IP stuff is properly configed, and the firewall is off.
Nothing that I do lets me find the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks, STeve Andre'