Thanks by the way to those who replied to my earlier request regarding touch screen LCD monitors. The industry leader seems to be EOL, which makes sense since they have been doing touch screens for a long time. By the way Dell sells both capacitance and resistance LCD screens from EOL and 3M.

The library has a relatively long of experience with Dell boxes. Gateway has come in with a lower quote for this years consideration. Has anyone had much experience with Gateway as a primary supplier? Good or bad. With Dell we can order our own warranty replacement parts. How does Gateway handle replacements or perhaps spares?

Private or off list replies welcome. Lunch off campus if need be. I'm really good at forgetting who told me what about what vendor.  ;-)

Thanks.

Don Bosman
Information Technologist
Michigan State University, Libraries