Folks,

You might want to warn your users about this, as a large fraction of the MSU community probably has an account with MSUFCU.  I received one of the phishing e-mails this afternoon.

/rich

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Groen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: May 20, 2005 2:28 PM
Subject: 05-20-2005 Phishing incidents
To: "[log in to unmask]" [log in to unmask]

Hello,

MSUFCU was the recent target of several phishing attacks.  We received report of the first incident this morning, 05-20-2005, shortly after 8am.  The fraudulent email appears to have been sent only to  msu.edu email addresses.  None of MSUFCU's information systems have been compromised.

The fraud-collecting web site (hform.com) in this first incident was shut down at approximately 10:30am.  A second incident (a variation of the first, now including a graphic) was reported to us just before 1pm and we are presently taking steps to have this fraud-collecting web site ( response-o-matic.com) shut down as well.  A response email has been sent to all of our members who have an email address on file with us (approx. 72000).

For further information please visit:
https://www.msufcu.org/phishingexample2.html

Please pass this information on to the appropriate network services staff at MSU and feel free to contact MSUFCU E-Commerce with any questions.

Thank you for your help.

James Groen
Web Application Developer
MSU Federal Credit Union
(517) 333-2430

This electronic transmission and any information that it contains is the property of MSU Federal Credit Union and is intended for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you acquired this transmission in error or feel that any of the information contained within it is offensive or inappropriate, please contact [log in to unmask].