After the implementation of Kerberos 5, we learned that anyone changing
their password to longer than 8 characters would no longer be able to use
services authenticated by Sentinel. We also learned that ANGEL is similarly
affected. Therefore we temporarily changed
NetID.msu.edu<http://NetID.msu.edu>to limit the max password length to
8, and the Kerberos config to allow a
password as short as 6 characters. AIS is working on the Sentinel-Kerberos
issue, and the ACNS ANGEL team is working on that side.
 After these issues are resolved, we do plan on going forward with the
policy of 8 characters as the minimum password length.
 /rich