Hi, all--
I've been trying to set up an NFS server on a Linux box with iptables for packet filtering.  I need to open the ports used by rpc.mountd and rpc.quota, but the portmapper assigns them different port numbers every time they start.  I can't specify the service in the iptables rule, because iptables (apparently) doesn't recognize services that aren't in /etc/services, and mountd and quota aren't listed there.  I tried altering the commands in /etc/init.d/nfs to start mountd and quotad with specified ports, but that was blithely ignored.

Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks!
--Bill.
Bill Wheeler, Systems Administrator