Request Tracker is an excellent product. I have installed/configured it
for a few local companies here in the Lansing area. They have since
transitioned their entire ticketing system over to it. The email
tracking features are one of the softwares best advantages.

The install can be kind of tricky with all of the perl modules, but if
you have any questions I would be more than happy to assist you.

Request Tracker is one of those projects that makes you really proud of
the OSS community. :-)

-Rob Keena