On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 03:57:38PM -0400, Bosman, Don wrote:

> Amazed actually. Although I did get a lot less mail then I expected, today. ;-)
> The IDP team is to be congratulated for their work to date and continued efforts on this.
>
> Even if a few positives got bounced by the IDP system, the benefit to the network will be worth it. Unless of course it is the mail letting me know I realllly win'd the 419enlargercheapsoftwaremakeyourwifehappygetyourmortagehere lottery/freexxlg/buyonefreegetone lottery. But since I didn't purchase a ticket I guess I really won't win.

I don't think we can take credit for the lower mail volume today.  Your
spam level will likely return to normal soon enough.

The "critical" and "major" IDP tests are generally looking for buffer
overflows and other similar software exploits.  The tests would not be
looking at items such as e-mail content.  The IDP has enough to do
without tasking it with anti-spam as well.

Doug

--

Doug Nelson, Network Manager             |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services  |  Ph: (517) 353-2980