From: Kim Geiger [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 10:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] spam from "Tom Izzo"

On 25 Apr 2005 at 10:04, m. kolb wrote:

> Kim Geiger <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>
> > Did anyone else receive "A Message From Coach Tom Izzo" this
> > morning?  Many of my users did.
>
> Many folks did.  It was a poor forgery.  The faked From: is not even
> his real e-mail address (based on what I heard the message looked
> like, I did not receive a copy of it).
>
> ./muk
>
> --
> m. kolb  <[log in to unmask]>

Oh, obviously, though I wonder how it got so many of our addressess.

Really funny how people who have finally figured out that spam should
just be summarily deleted go into a tizzy when it seems to
come from someone "famous."  Noooo, they had to open the message
(because "it was from someone I knew"), waste time puzzling over
its meaning, forward it to me.  Helloooo?!?  Why would Tom Izzo be
emailing you?   Delete the d*amn thing and get back to work!
Grrgh.

Sorry...  Monday morning rant over. :-8

Kim Geiger
Information Technologist
MSU Broadcasting Services
538 Communication Arts & Sciences Building
East Lansing, MI 48824 - 1212
517-432-9527 x 429