In my travels I've found mobile wireless to be a Balkanized hodge
podge.   On a trip to Monterey for a conference they wanted $10 a day
in the Marriott, $10 a day in the adjacent conference center, and $10
a day (for Ethernet, not wireless) in the other conference hotel --
all from different providers.

I find that paradoxically motels and cheaper hotels are more likely to
give free Wi-Fi than are the more expensive places.  Holiday Inns and
Holiday Inn Expresses seem to be likely to offer it for free.   Heck,
motels on the beach in Traverse City advertise it on the marquee.

Public libraries.

/rich