All,
On May 11, 2005, ACNS plans to upgrade the Kerberos authentication
service associated with MSU's AFS service.  The new server will support
Kerberos 5 authentication.  It will continue to support Kerberos 4
authentication and AFS in compatibility mode. The May 11 change should
be transparent to users.

System administrators need take no action; however, if you support an
application that depends on Kerberos, we urge you to test the
application prior to May 11.
Please visit http://msu.edu/service/afs/migrate/ for more details on how
you can test this system in advance of the migration.

We have a Powerpoint presentation at the link "Timelines & Plans" that
may be of interest to you.  I will also be available at the next NAG
meeting April 22 to answer questions.

Thanks
/sd

PS: If you have been spammed repeatedly with this message please accept my apologies. I would rather be annoying than silent about this.
--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

301 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra