m. kolb wrote:
John Valenti <[log in to unmask]> writes:

2. One of our retired profs lives in East Lansing. They have been using
dialup, I finally recommended that they get broadband. Should I suggest
they get ACD ($20/mo for 6 months, then $50/mo) or SBC for $20/mo.  Or
something else - they do have cable tv, so a cable modem is an option.
I know ACD gives them an MSU IP, but I don't know how important that is
anymore (is it worth $180/year?).

I have Comcast's cable service, and minus the recent DNS cache
poisoning problem, the service has been very good.  It is both
reliable and reasonably priced.  When I signed up for it, it was
$20/month for the first 6 months, then I believe it goes to $47/month.
This is for 3Mb/s down, 256Kb/s up service.

./muk

--
m. kolb  <[log in to unmask]>
I have had SBC Dsl for a few years and it is very good. 24.95 a month.

Steve Devine
Storage Systems
Academic Computing & Network Services
Michigan State University

301 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra