At 01:24 PM 4/7/2005, Kim Geiger wrote:
>WKAR's volunteer coordinator wants to send email to "everyone on campus" soliciting volunteers for our upcoming on-air Auction.

Not a flame on you, but...

It's interesting how almost everyone complains about email overload these days, yet when they want to promote something of their own, so many are ready to email "everyone on campus" about it, even when the message is relevant to only perhaps 1% of the possible recipients.  It sort of reinforces why spamming is so attractive to those who do it--it's an incredibly easy and cheap way of advertising.

I wasn't aware that MSU had this statement about bulk email, but I'm glad we do.

Apologies for contributing to the overload with a semi-off-topic post.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017