We here at CVM have been using SychronEyes from SMART Technologies for around 3 years. We are so far very happy with the product. It allows for the teacher to lock the workstations, take remote control of any individual computers, broadcast the instructor's screen, broadcast any of the student screens as well as give quizzes and do screen groupings.

Our instructors find it quite nice. Setting it up is very easy. (as long as you have the appropriate administrative rights) We have found that it is excellent for PowerPoint and general application broadcasting, but it does not pass direct draw overlays (ie. 90% of all videos) so if you are looking to share videos across it, it simply will not work.

It also is essential to have a solid network connection to all of the computers. We are running our client PC's in a lab of 20 at 100Mbps FDX, with the instructor station running at 1Gbps FDX. Increasing the instructor station to 1Gbps made a significant difference in the performance. We hope to up our clients to 1Gbps which should also help with speed. Using a fast switch on the network connection definately helps.

If you're interested in seeing it in action please feel free to contact me (off list) and we might be able to arrange a demonstration.

Best Regards,

Paul Donahue
Network/Security Manager/Programmer
CVM Information Technology Center
A227 VMC, Michigan State University
Phone:  353-5551   Fax:  432-2937

>>> John Schwarz <[log in to unmask]> 03/08/05 09:21AM >>>
Try looking into software from NetOp http://www.netop.com/ I use the Remote
Control set but they also sell teaching software.

John