As Matt points out, mail.msu.edu did not flag the legitimate MSUFCU
alert e-mail as spam.  In my case, Google's Gmail did flag it as spam.
 I did not see the CU's mailing, and only became aware of the issue
when my boss notified ACNS staff Thursday night, and I looked for the
MSUFCU notice in my Spam folder.  Gmail has gotten VERY good as to
false positives re spam, so this was unusual.

However, I also did not receive the phishing mail.

I spoke with a few other folks who are MSUFCU members who did not
receive the warning e-mail.  There were a few features of the mailing
that they sent out that you could imagine might cause a spam score to
rise.

/rich