In an effort to get the best pricing & service we've done a lot of our
hardware purchasing thru smaller local vendors like Vertex for desktops/
servers & CompUSA for most of the other IT accessories (memory, hard
drives, switches, etc.).  As the local CompUSA business rep. noted in a NAG
meeting several months ago (& our experience attests to it), they offer
very good discounts to MSU departments & staff (just go the Business Svcs.
counter & show your MSU card).  We've found the Comp. Store is very
competitive on HP printer pricing and common software; their LAN cables are
dirt cheap too.

Tim