Win 2000 Domain
I need to convert a roaming profile back to a local profile.
Is it as simple as deleting the profile's path on the Path tab for the user's
Properties page in Active Directory and then copying the contentents of the roaming
profile back to the local profile folder on the hard drive.

This all happened after a roaming profile user logged into another machine on my
domain and attempted to set up outlook on the machine under their account.
I think they stomped on something or overwrote something somehow.

I'm getting the two errors:
Error when I start Outlook from the Start menu
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item.
Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.

the second error if I click on the Outlook icon on the desktop
Unable to open your default email folders.  The .DLLL file for the information service could
not be found.
MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed
and configured.

The desktop and everything else seems to be intact, it's only Outlook that choked.
The .PST is still present (and I'm hoping not corrupted)

So my second question is if I do what I said I was going to do in the first paragraph or
are there additional steps I"ll have to take to switch from a roaming profile to a local profile.

Samone
Family and Consumer Sciences