Hi Samone;

I've been using Papercut Quota for about a year and a half, but haven't set
it up to charge MSU accounts. I let our faculty and staff print without
restrictions, and merely track their usage. Our graduate students pay into
their own Econ printing accounts with cash, which turns into credit on the
printing system.

The software charges/tracks usage based on the users Windows domain logon
name. I don't know how you'd link it back to MSU accounts. It does make
handy reports of people's printer usage, so if you wanted to look at
everyone's totals every so often and create a bill for them, I suppose you
could.

You do have to have a print server set up, though. If you're printing
directly to the HP JetDirect's IP address, the Papercut system won't work.

Their web address is http://www.papercut.biz <http://www.papercut.biz/> .
Their pricing depends on the number of users on your network. You can get a
free fully-functioning trial version, though.

Good luck;

Wendy

Wendy Tate

Network Coordinator