I was wondering what the members of the list are using for managing teaching
labs.  We have a 15-seat training lab that we use Ghost to periodically
return to a clean state.  This system works fine, but requires a fair amount
of time to create the images and deploy them.  What do you use?  Are there
any open-source/free alternatives?  Ideally, I'd like to be able to set
something up that would return the systems to a clean state at a preset
interval, or possibly at login.  Deploying Microsoft patches, virus software
updates, etc would also be an issue.

Another issue would be how to maintain some kind of static file space so
that users attending a multi-day course could save their files and still
have access to them after a system refresh.  Would another partition on the
system be the best way to handle this?  AFS space?

Any thoughts on this topic would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt Farra
--
 ----/