> What should I enter for an IPSec policy on windows 2003 to allow VPN
> traffic?
>
> I tried entering:
>
> Source:  My IP
>
> Destination:  35.12.0.0/255.255.248.0
>
> This allowed me to ping the server, but I was unable to access the file
> shares on the domain controller.   I want to be able to access the DFS root
> using the MSU VPN connection from off campus.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

I'm not sure where you got 35.12.0.0/255.255.248.0.  That goes mostly to
unassigned IP addresses, reserved for our dialup service.

The proper IP range for VPN access is:

    35.12.64.0/255.255.224.0

or, in standard slash notation,

    35.12.64.0/19

Doug

Doug Nelson, Network Manager             |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services  |  Ph: (517) 353-2980
Michigan State University                |  http://www.msu.edu/~nelson/