Looks like everyone agrees that temporarily using IMAP is the way to go.
Thanks all for the advice.

John V:  Regarding using IMAP as the permanent solution; the reason I'm
moving this person from Web Mail to POP is because her MSU mail folders are
reaching their quota (many attachments).  Yes I could try to explain the
difference between local folders and server folders and not saving
attachments with outgoing messages, etc.  I could also beat my head with a
brick.

Cheers,

Kevin M. Carr

Systems Administrator