Matt,

In Ag Econ we run a lab for graduate student's use with 16 PCs.  We use
Ghost to update them periodically for either software updates or security
patches.  We also run Fortres Grand security software which stops the users
from installing software, deleting icons from the desktop, viewing or
changing certain files or folders, etc.  Using this, we haven't had to
re-image them daily, as you suggest. Ours typically go months before I need
to update software licenses, or some other issue.  This system has been in
place for longer than the 6.5 years I've been working here, and we're happy
with the system.

To make updates faster, I've written a set of batch files that automate
some changes to each PC after Ghosting (set IP address, default printer,
etc.), so keep that in mind as a way to reduce the labor overhead involved
in Ghosting.

Brian