I'm supporting a user who sent a few critical emails last month but
did not receive a response.  She was using the mail.msu.edu servers
via Outlook.  We can't find any evidence on this end that she sent the
emails, but she is sure that she sent them.  The recipients never
received the messages.

Does MSU keep transaction logs of messages sent through the MSU mail
servers?  Is there any possibility of checking to see if the messages
in question passed through the MSU servers?  This is a difficult
situation, and the user in question faces problems with her supervisor
if she can't show any evidence that she sent the messages.

Thanks,

Matt Farra

 ----/
Matthew Farra
Microcomputer Hardware/Software Coordinator
Remote Sensing & GIS Research and Outreach Services, Michigan State
University
email: [log in to unmask] - phone: 517.432.3720 - fax: 517.353.1821