From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Harper, Chris
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 7:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Secure FTP Servers for Windows 2003 Server

Looking at doing an upgrade/revamp of our FTP site and was wondering if anyone had any reviews of any good FTP server apps on the market for Windows Server 2003.

I’ve used WarFTP Daemon 1.8 in the past and have been satisfied with it (especially since its free), however, we’re looking at security here too.  I’ve also worked with Serv-U FTP Server as well as the new WS_FTP Server which looks promising, but can’t decide if they are any more secure than WarFTP Daemon 1.8.

Any advice from the field??? What other good FTP apps are out there?

Thanks all.

Chris Harper
TECH SUPPORT

(517) 355-6611 x 125

University Relations • Michigan State University

1330 S. Harrison • East Lansing, MI 48823