Who: Anyone responsible for any service that authenticates to the afs cell
msu.edu.
When :Fri Dec 10 1pm to 3pm
Where : CC215 Computer Center
What: Migrating the current afs cell (msu.edu) to Kerberos 5 (MSU.EDU)

We need to discuss testing methods and changes in procedure for the change
to kerberos 5.
It is supposed to be backwards compatible and so far our testing has
proved this to be true.
It is quite likely you will not have to alter your methods of
authentication unless you want to start using Kerberos 5 but we still need
to get it tested.

Some things of concern:
A new way of creating users will have to be developed.
Password maintenance via Netid must be tested.

Major systems that are at this date untested for backward compatibility
are: Mail
Angel
www.msu.edu
radius servers
Web based auth setups like DHCP
Sentinal /AIS

Please let me know if you or some one from your group can attend.
Thanks
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

301 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-355-4500  (x242)

NEW PHONE NUMBER AS OF DEC 13,2004
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra

----- End forwarded message -----