Hmm, was this installed over an older beta version?  If so, un-install
the Thunderbird, both versions if they show up, then go into the
c:\documents and settings\username\application data and rename the
Thunderbird folder to "old thunderbird".  Install the 1.0 again and see
if it takes. Make sure to set the SSL settings for the server.

-t

--
Troy Murray
Phone: 517-231-6073