From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Willson, Jim
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 10:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Copying Data and Permissions Server to Server

We have a Windows 2000 server that we are going to be replacing with a
Windows 2003 server with more data storage. There are a LOT of share and
folder permissions set on this server. Losing any of that information
would be highly problematic. Does anyone know of a good utility that
will accurately copy data, including folder and share permissions, from
one Windows box to another?

We downloaded a trial version of SecureCopy
http://www.scriptlogic.com/eng/products/securecopy/main.asp
<BLOCKED::http://www.scriptlogic.com/eng/products/securecopy/main.asp>
and it works great, but the cost is ~$1,000, so we are hoping to find
something cheaper that will do the job.

Thanks,

Jim Willson
Information Technology Services