A few years ago, when Chuck Severance and I were still doing our TV
show, I interviewed 4 MSU students about file sharing -- then it was
all about Napster.  In the course of a one hour interview, I tried and
tried to get them to "get it."  I asked if you'd written a book of
great poetry or recipes, and you discovered that the entire book was
up on the Web, wouldn't you take umbrage?

Grudgingly a couple of them accepted that maybe pride of authorship
and intellectual property rights were real, important considerations.
But they still planned to download music.

This was years ago.  Margaret, your niece has grown up believing that
if you can find it on the Net, it's free.  If you succeed in your
educational mission, I'll donate $50 to your favorite charity.  :-)

/rich

PS -- Never mind the AUP, I think federal copyright law and
specifically DMCA are fearsome enough.