MSU is in the process of acquiring new high performance computing
capability.  This week, prospective suppliers of SMP (symmetric
multiprocessor) solutions are speaking.  SGI is presenting Wednesday
at 1:00 pm, and IBM on Friday at 9:00 am.  (A company called Scalable
presented on Monday; I did not receive word in time to forward the
information.)

If you want to attend one of these sessions, please contact Kelly
Robertson in order to sign up, as space is limited.  Presentations
will be held in the USD Conference Room.  This conference
room is located in the USD Building, which is the small bldg on
Service Rd across from Purchasing and General Stores. Going east, it
is the first bldg on the left side.

Next week vendors will present on cluster computing solutions; we'll
forward meeting information soon.

/rich