Peter,

Make sure that you're using a valid From address when generating your
emails, a fake one will cause mail.msu.edu to reject your messages. Your
form would also have to be sending to another @msu.edu user to not require
authentication. If you still need help, send me a private email so I can
look at our logs to help you debug the script.

 -Ed