At 11:38 AM 9/16/2004, John Valenti wrote:
hi Ed,

Thanks for taking note of this.

Could you speculate on why the trusted senders feature isn't working for
me?  ...<stuff deleted>
Second, wildcard capability with these entries. For instance, I would
probably trust *@msu.edu .  Way back in April, someone at the help desk
suggested I just use "@uklifeleague.com" to block all addresses, which I
tried and doesn't seem to work reliably.

We tried to get *@msu.edu to work as trusted, and it does not. Someone at a NAG meeting said they were running SpamAssassin on their mail server, and were sure that it accepts regular expressions for this feature.  Yet the ACNS page:
http://techbase.msu.edu/viewpathfinder.asp?id=65
says "Note: this function does not allow you to trust an entire domain (i.e. *.hotmail.com)".

The ability to trust an entire domain or subdomain would be incredibly helpful.  It would be nice if someone from the mail team would explain why we can't do this and what possibilities exist for adding this ability.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017