Last week I didn't make any changes on my end, but I suddenly couldn't send
mail anymore until I changed my port to 465.

I noticed the timing of my problem correlated with the mail team's posted
tape library problem. I assumed they had needed to restart the mail system,
and that my having to change ports happened as a result of that restart.

This is just an alternative theory, because I know I have been sending mail
both on and off campus continuously, and I've got records of outgoing
off-campus mail I sent successfully just a couple of days before I
unexpectedly had to switch to port 465.

Beats me, though...

Wendy Tate
Network Coordinator