 <http://www.openafs.org/> http://www.openafs.org/
Has information on incompatibility with SP2. Version 1.3.70 is required.
Information from this website includes:
OpenAFS News
10-Aug-2004 - OpenAFS issue for all Windows clients prior to 1.3.70

All versions of IBM/Transarc AFS for Windows and OpenAFS for Windows (prior
to 1.3.70) as installed are incompatible with Microsoft Windows XP SP2.
Updating to OpenAFS 1.3.70 or modifying the registry configuration is
required for safe use on XP SP2.

Read the XP SP2 advisory
10-Aug-2004 - OpenAFS 1.3.70 Released!

OpenAFS 1.3.70 represents the current state of development efforts, and is
now the stable Windows 2000/XP/2003 client. For Unix platforms, 1.2.11 is
still the stable release. However, 1.3.70 is a milestone on the release path
to 1.4.0, and we're looking for serious testing.

Read the 1.3.70 release announcement
Go to the release page

Scott G. Thomas
Division Mgr, Client Services