Hello all:

I had a user this morning apply WinXP SP2 to her laptop
(Dell Latitude) and after the install, she was unable to
restart the system.   I took a look and sure enough,
blue screen of death!

   STOP: C0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
   This application had failed to start because winsrv
   found.  Re-installing the application may fix the
   problem.

I did a quick search on some of the news groups and
noticed that others have reported this problem as well.

Not sure if any others here at MSU have seen this
side-effect yet, but just wanted to alert everyone of
this potential problem after SP2 is applied.

SP2 has been applied successfully on many other machines,
but the fact that I have seen this "winsrv" error reported
by others is a bit of a concern.

Jim

James T. Brown
UNIX Systems Administrator