http://www.novell.com/training/linux/maketheswitch.html

Novell is offering the "Personal Edition" of the SUSE Linux 9.1 desktop OS for free (via downloaded .iso file).  To get it, visit this website and follow the download links.  You have to register with Novell and fill out a brief survey to get to the download page, but it's a mostly painless process.  There are three downloads:

SUSE Linux 9.1 Personal edition .iso file
LiveCD: a bootable SUSE Linux 9.1 "OS on a CD" .iso file
A .pdf Guide to Using Linux

Novell is considering all these downloads freely distributable.  At this point, I haven't investigated what the difference is between Personal and Professional editions of the OS, so I'd be interested in other people's comments on this OS.

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI  48824-1300
email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 517-432-6836