We have about a dozen laptops that use the Centrino chipset.  None of
our users have yet to complain about the performance of their wireless.
They do however seem to like the additional battery life that comes with
Centrino based laptops.

Stephen Bogdanski           Network Support, MSU-CVM
Michigan State University  [log in to unmask]
A227 VetMed Center         Phone:          (517) 353-5551
East Lansing, MI 48824     Fax:              (517) 432-2937

>>> Peter J Murray <[log in to unmask]> 07/01/04 11:26AM >>>
Hi

I'm doing quotes for a few laptops that my department is purchasing,
and
I'm trying to decide between the Intel Centrino Wireless Mini PCI or
the
Dell Truemobile one.  I've heard that the Intel Centrino stuff is
pretty
poor, I wonder if anyone has any experience or thoughts regarding
either
one.  We are looking at Latitude X300s.