Pete,

As I'm sure you're aware, mail.msu.edu uses a scoring algorithm to
decide whether a given piece of mail appears to be spam.  The mail
system relies on a commonly-used tool, SpamAssassin.  For any given
mail message, you can look at the X- headers to see what attributes of
the mail caused the score to rise above the threshold for declaring
the message spam.

If there is some particular attribute of mail from the Registrar's
instructor mailing system that unduly excites SpamAssassin, we might
be able to work with that office to tweak the mailing.  But we need to
see the X- headers for a message that failed. If you will send me the
entire message including headers, I'll file a problem in our tracking
system and contact RO tech staff.

Lately it seems that NAG has become a buig reporting forum as much as
a discussion forrum.  I'd like to encourage people who think they've
found a bug in a service supported by LC&T to please call or write the
relevant help desk in addition to, or in lieu of, posting to this
forum.

/rich