> Hi
>
> I'm doing quotes for a few laptops that my department is purchasing, and
> I'm trying to decide between the Intel Centrino Wireless Mini PCI or the
> Dell Truemobile one.  I've heard that the Intel Centrino stuff is pretty
> poor, I wonder if anyone has any experience or thoughts regarding either
> one.  We are looking at Latitude X300s.

I just got a laptop (Latitude D600) with the Dell Truemobile card.  So far,
I have seen decent wireless performance.  This card is also an 802.11a/b/g
card, which gives you more channel options, as 802.11a starts to catch on.

Doug

Doug Nelson, Network Manager             |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services  |  Ph: (517) 353-2980
Michigan State University                |  http://www.msu.edu/~nelson/