From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Russell J. Lahti
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 10:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] thunderbird ready for prime time?

I've had great luck with using Thunderbird.  While it hasn't
yet reached a 1.0 release, it does seem to handle fairly well.
It has great junk filtering, easy to configure filters, and a
lot of other very handy features in a great interface.

Mail is stored in standard mbox format, so very large mailboxes
don't always respond terribly quickly to searches.  I have run into
some issues with upgrading, but nothing too difficult to deal with.
As long as you store a backup copy of your profile, upgrades
shouldn't be much of an issue.

I've been recommending Thunderbird to quite a few people,
(and Firefox too for that matter) and haven't hear any really
major complaints yet.

-Russell