You didn't say what protocol you were using for this in the past.  We used the Finger protocol directed to pilot.msu.edu.  In April of 2003, I found that this no longer worked with mail.msu.edu, and I had the exchange below with ACNS.  They never answered my second query about it.  My guess is that it's gone.  (You mention port 465, which doesn't sound right at all.  Finger uses port 79.  Port 465 is for SMTP, I believe.)

At 12:48 PM 6/14/2004, Adell Flourry Jr. wrote:
>Hi:
>
>This is to those who support faculty/staff using Eudora  for email.
>
>I have talked to ACNS regarding my problem and they had no answer.
>
>Problem:
>When using directory services function of Eudora in the past one could
>find e-mail addresses of campus faculty, staff and students.  Since
>pilot has been turned off this feature stopped working.  I looked in the
>protocol configuration and changed pilot.msu.edu to mail.msu.edu and
>port 465.  When a search is attempted it comes back, after a long
>search, with no data.
>
>I am wondering if this feature is no longer supported with the new
>e-mail system or is there something I need to do to Eudora.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>--
>
>Thanks,
>
>Adell Flourry Jr
>Computer Assistant
>Family and Child Ecology

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017