From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Tim Potter
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 11:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Possible Sasser worm variants?

Has anyone had any Win 2000 machines become EXTREMELY sluggish due to one of
these worms (taking 10 min. or so for every single process, mouse click,
etc)?  I've run the latest/ greatest removal tools from Symantec for

W32.Sasser.D and done a full scan from a good machine w/ the latest NAV
definitions (5/4) & come up with nothing.  An ACNS help desk tech. was
confident that the Sasser worm was causing this sort of problem on other PCs
around campus, but I've only seen others here describe random reboots so
far.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated, Tim

Tim Potter  <><
Information Officer
MSU Alumni Association
E. Lansing, MI  48824