From: Chris Wolf [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 4:41 PM
To: Scott Thomas; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Changes in dial-up internet access e-mailing being
sent.

We have a number of accounts that will probably be in this situation.  Most
of them work for us (and are located) out of state, and don't really need
MichNet dialup.  However, they do use Merit Global and Merit 800 on
occasion.  Will they still be eligible for these services, without
separately signing up for paid MichNet access?

At 04:29 PM 5/25/2004, Scott Thomas wrote:
>FYI.
>http://help.msu.edu/communications/ lists 2 e-mails that are being sent
>out today and tomorrow.
>The e-mails are related to changes in MSU/Michnet dial-up services that
>will go into effect on June 23, 2004.
>These changes will limit dial-up access to current MSU faculty, staff,
>retirees, and students (up to two years post-graduation).
>
>ACNS director, Tom Davis, is e-mailing deans, directors, and chairs today.
>We will be sending out an e-mail to the 5576 individuals that will be
>affected by this change tomorrow morning (5/26/04).
>
>Additional information including an FAQ is available at
>http://help.msu.edu/dialup/
>
>/sgt
>
>Scott G. Thomas
>Division Mgr, Client Services
>Academic Computing & Network Services
>408A Computer Center
>Michigan State University
>517-355-4500 x142

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017