After reading the messages, I'm confused about at least one thing.

The message says
"To: Individuals who used the MSU dial-up service since 1/1/04 and are not current MSU faculty, staff, retirees or students (graduated more than 2 years ago)"

My question is--Suppose someone is "not current MSU faculty, staff, retirees or students (graduated more than 2 years ago)",  but has not used MSU dial-up since 1/1/04?  For example, suppose they last used dial-up in December 2003.

Will their dial-up service be cut off also?  I assume it will.  If so, why isn't the message being sent to them also?

At 04:29 PM 5/25/2004, Scott Thomas wrote:
>FYI.
>http://help.msu.edu/communications/ lists 2 e-mails that are being sent out
>today and tomorrow.
>The e-mails are related to changes in MSU/Michnet dial-up services that will
>go into effect on June 23, 2004.
>These changes will limit dial-up access to current MSU faculty, staff,
>retirees, and students (up to two years post-graduation).
>
>ACNS director, Tom Davis, is e-mailing deans, directors, and chairs today.
>We will be sending out an e-mail to the 5576 individuals that will be
>affected by this change tomorrow morning (5/26/04).
>
>Additional information including an FAQ is available at
>http://help.msu.edu/dialup/
>
>/sgt
>
>Scott G. Thomas
>Division Mgr, Client Services
>Academic Computing & Network Services
>408A Computer Center
>Michigan State University
>517-355-4500 x142

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017