Some people have mentioned Ghost, which may not be quite what you're looking for.  The hardware you're installing on has to be substantially identical in order for this technique to work. (We do use Ghost, incidentally, without using Sysprep, instead just using Ghostwalker to reset the SID.)

An alternative, and complementary, technique is to automate installs by setting up "installation points" for your software.  We do this for a number of our programs, including Microsoft Office, WordPerfect Office, Eudora, and Norton Anti-Virus Corporate Edition.  These let you preselect the options you want for the install so that you don't have to insert CDs and then answer the same questions every time you install.  Not every program has the inherent capability to do this, however.  For programs that don't, you would have to use another program, such as Microsoft SMS to do it.

At 11:04 PM 5/18/2004, Mccormack, Andrew wrote:
>What methods do you use to setup a new system?  I need to reinstall windows XP and load a bunch of software.  It is taking too long to manually load all the software and OS.   I like to image or setup a system that can load the software for me without having to insert several cds one by one.
>

>Thanks
>Andrew McCormack

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017