As announced at the 09 April 2004 NAG meeting, the May meeting will be
on Wednesday, 12 May 2004.  As the exact time had not yet been determined
at the previous meeting (since we had to make final arrangements with our
guest speaker), it was not definitely announced then, but the then-tenta-
tively-announced time of 2:00 pm has since been made definite.

Our guest speaker will be David Gift, Vice-Provost for Libraries,
Computing and Technology.  He will address us on various topics concerning
the future direction of computing and networking on campus.

The site will be room 1400 Biomedical & Physical Sciences Bldg.  There
will be refreshments.

Except for the cancelled March meeting (during Spring Break week), each
meeting date this year has been announced at the previous meeting.  We
have been following a schedule which puts the NAG meeting during the week
preceding the MSU Webmasters group meeting, which is announced to be on
the 3rd Thursday of each month (though they pushed it up to the preceding
Tuesday this month).

The only real variables have been whether the meetings are on Wednesday or
Friday (we've been more or less alternating, when possible, so as not to
consistently block those who have told us that one of the two days is always
bad for them -- then they can at least make half of them, but sometimes room
scheduling or other constraints get in the way) and the exact start time
(which has varied somewhat over the afternoon, usually due to speakers'
schedules).

Note that this set of "rules" does not automatically mean that the NAG
meeting will be on the 2nd Wednesday or Friday of the month -- this month,
for example, the Wednesday during the week before the 3rd Thursday was
actually the 1st Wednesday of April (but our meeting was on the Friday of
that week, so in this case it didn't matter).

To improve meeting information distribution, I have set up a MSU NAG group
on the Angel system for easier access to the meeting schedule once each
meeting time has been established.

After logging into Angel at https://www.angel.msu.edu/, you can go to
"Find a Group" and type "NAG", "Network", or "Administrators" as your
search term, then the MSU NAG group should be found (possibly among other
groups).  By selecting the group name, you should be able to see the
announcements (such as the next meeting time) and the "contents", which
may include previous meeting info and eventually such entries as FAQs
for the group and/or pages of links to useful information elsewhere.
You should be able to subscribe yourself to the group so that it comes up
in your "My Groups" list when you log in, but I've tried to set permissions
so that meeting-related announcements and content are available to _any_
logged-in Angel user, not just subscribed members of the group, so you
don't have to subscribe just to check the meeting announcements. I haven't
set up any of the chatting/collaborating/etc. Angel features for the group,
nor have I gotten to the point of putting up a FAQ page, but at least the
meeting announcements are there.

George J Perkins                  http://www.pa.msu.edu/people/perkins/
1209B BPS Bldg, MSU               Phone: 517-355-9200 ext 2567
East Lansing, MI  48824-2320        FAX: 517-353-4500