FYI

We'll be sending this mailing to MSU retirees with active Pilot accounts
later today.

/rich

Dear Michigan State University Retiree or Surviving Spouse:

This message is being sent to:

… which is a mailbox on MSU's Pilot e-mail system. The Pilot system will
be shut down on March 23, 2004. You need to upgrade to MSU's new mail
system, mail.msu.edu, before March 23 in order to continue to send and
receive e-mail.

The process of upgrading is relatively simple; however, if you use e-mail
"client" software such as Eudora, Outlook, Netscape Communicator, or
Entourage, you will also need to make some configuration changes to your
software setup. Please do not upgrade from Pilot to mail.msu.edu until you
understand the entire process.

In order to assist you with this migration, Academic Computing and Network
Services (formerly the MSU Computer Lab) will conduct a special seminar just
for retirees on Friday, March 12. The seminar will take place in the
International Center Library from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm.

There is no cost for this seminar; however, we do ask that you register so
that we can prepare handouts. To register for the class online, please visit
this Web address:

http://lcttpenroll.msu.edu

You also can enroll over the phone by calling the MSU Computer Store at
517-432-0700.

If you do not live in the East Lansing area, or if attending the seminar is
not convenient, ACNS help desk staff can provide assistance. Please call
517-432-6200.

The International Center Library (formerly the Con-Con Room) is on the same
level as the food court in the International Center. March 12 is during
Spring Break, so ample parking should be available. If you do not have a
staff parking sticker, the Stadium visitor lot is a convenient option.