message that shows ALL of the bad addresses I attempted to send messages
to.

Example:

      [log in to unmask] on 3/26/2004 1:17 PM
            550 unknown user [log in to unmask]

      [log in to unmask] on 3/26/2004 1:17 PM
            550 unknown user [log in to unmask]

Jeff Bowes

-----Original Message-----
From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of John Valenti
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 1:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Question for email gurus

Ed Symanzik wrote:

> That configuration would require accepting the message and generating
> a bounce.
>
> Instead, we altered the message returned during the SMTP connection to

> include the recipient.

OK, I tested it with Outlook 2000 (the mail client nobody should use).
The error message that comes back does include the bad address. Only the
first bad address is listed, but I don't see that as a big problem.

Hats off to the mail team!  New system is great, Spam Assassin is
killing off 80 spams/day for me, and only missing a few. It's like going
back in time to when email wasn't a big distraction.

-John