Just as a followup to the discussion about reporting tools for SUS I though I would send out the following links of what seem to be decent tools for reporting SUS activity.

ASP.Net, MS SQL Server and Active Directory: http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/fwua
ASP.Net and SQL Server: http://forums.susserver.com/index.php?showtopic=964
PHP and MySQL or MS SQL Server http://forums.susserver.com/index.php?showtopic=638
ASP.Net with no o database: http://forums.susserver.com/index.php?showtopic=417

We are going to toy around with #2 as it seems to have the most functionality with out requiring AD, but are holding on implementing until after SUS/WUS 2.0 is released.

Stephen Bogdanski           Network Support, MSU-CVM
Michigan State University  [log in to unmask]
A227 VetMed Center         Phone:          (517) 353-5551
East Lansing, MI 48824     Fax:              (517) 432-2937

At 10:16 AM 2/27/2004, John Valenti wrote:
>I ended up setting up a Microsoft SUS server, which works fairly
>well to push out critical/security patches. Then I just use HFnetchk to
>verify that the patches installed.

We just set up SUS a couple of weeks ago, and I've been using Microsoft's Baseline Security Analyzer to check that patches get installed.  However, it appears that MBSA cannot scan any of our computers that have the Win XP firewall (ICF) enabled.  Has anyone else dealt with this problem (and solved it)?  Does the ICF also interfere with HFnetchk?

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017